Conception, pregnancy, childbirth and parenting are often not as straightforward as we initally imagine, and we all need support to navigate the challenges that arise. The Clinical Psychologists at The Perinatal Hub Surf Coast are qualified to work with you on any of the following areas:
- Preconception (including infertility issues)
- Perinatal loss
- Antenatal depression and anxiety
- Birth trauma
- Premature birth
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Parent-infant attachment
- Adjustment issues (including social isolation)
- Couple relationship
Fees and rebates:
Cost: $190 per 50-minute session (in person or via telehealth)
Medicare rebate: $128.40
*Medicare rebates are available to those who have a referral and mental health care plan from a GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. The referral must be obtained prior to the first session for a rebate to be claimed.
*Note 10 additional Medicare subsidised psychological therapy sessions are available for people subjected to further restrictions in areas impacted by the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
*Rebates also available for those with appropriate cover under private health insurance.
Pregnancy and postpartum massage can be a wonderfully nurturing way to support a woman throughout the emotional and physical changes during and following her pregnancy. It can help soothe aches and pains, promote relaxation, facilitate mother-baby bonding and enhance a sense of wellbeing.
Benefits of pregnancy and postpartum massage
- Mother-baby connection
- Enhanced mind-body connection/relationship
- Increased relaxation
- Improved sleep
- Improved circulation
- Supportive of body changes throughout each trimester
- Reduction of swelling
- Eases back, shoulder, neck pain
Pregnancy massage is a specialised treatment, which takes into consideration the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, as well as the mother as a whole person – body, mind and spirit - and her unique circumstances. It is a performed in the side-lying position, with specially placed pillows, padding and draping to ensure optimal support, comfort and relaxation throughout the treatment.
Working in co-ordination with healthcare provider (midwife, GP or Obstetrician) appointments can help ensure massage treatments are best tailored to the developing needs of the mother and baby.
Cost: $100 per 60-minute sessionGet In TouchBook Online
Japanese Acupuncture is derived from Classical Acupuncture Theory, first introduced to Japan from China in the 6th century. It integrated these theories with new and unique developments and has become known for its effectiveness through its subtlety and comfort, compared to stronger needling techniques used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) style Acupuncture. This makes it ideal for even the most sensitive patients.
Japanese Acupuncture has different diagnostic tools, pattern differentiation and styles. The Pulse, Stomach (Hara) and Channels over the body are palpated to determine certain imbalances, which can be physically altered by the stimulation of specific points. This change will then allow the body to re-balance & heal itself.
Because acupuncture has a balancing effect on reproductive hormones, it can be used to correct hormonal imbalances that prevent conception.
Offering support to the body to restore homeostasis and balance.
Releasing areas of blocked Qi which stimulates organ function and promotes health.
Increasing blood supply to the pelvis and uterus to support implantation.
Decreases Pain and Reduces Inflammation
Acts as a natural analgesic, acupuncture interrupts pain signalling and may reduce inflammatory markers.
The needs of males are gaining more attention as we recognise that men face unique challenges that can affect their wellbeing.
Our men’s health practitioners are available to provide you with individually-tailored support. Some common challenges males seek support to address include:
- Work-life balance
- Conception challenges
- Anxiety and depression
- Managing emotions like stress, worry, and frustration
- Worry about your partner
Services for males include face-to-face or online counselling and men’s groups.
If you are a new of expecting dad and feel unsure about whether it would help to talk to someone then check out this website: https://www.howisdadgoing.org.au/Get In TouchBook Online
“Reiki” (ray-key) is Japanese for ‘universal life force energy’, a term used to describe a system of natural healing. Reiki was founded by Dr Mikao Usui in 1922 and evolved as a result of his research, experience and dedication.
Everything that is alive (humans, plants, animals) has life force energy circulating through it and around it. When a living thing dies, the life force energy departs the physical form, and returns to the surrounding world.
There are many factors that affect our life force energy. Including the food we eat, our daily activities, and the environments where we live, work and play.
Reiki involves an attuned healer channelling life force energy to a recipient. Whilst channeling life force energy, the Reiki practitioner holds a space for the recipient to utilise self-healing abilities.
Some well-known Reiki Benefits, include:
- Integrates mind, body and spirit
- Releases stresses and energetic blockages
- Promotes relaxation
- Boosts mood and sleep
- Boosts the immune system
We are thrilled to have Kaye Greenwood (Midwife and Lactation Consultant) joining us to facilitate this introductory workshop for pregnant women and their partners:
- Understanding the art of breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is the natural way to feed your baby and it provides immediate and long-term benefits for the whole family so getting it right from the start leads to less stress for mother and baby.
This session covers the basics, such as how breastfeeding works, getting started, how to get the latch right from that first feed, the first few days and weeks at home, what is normal sleep for a breastfed baby, plus plenty of time to ask questions.
Session time: 2 hours (information and question time)
Session cost: $40 (individual) / $60 (couple)
- Wed 18 May 6pm
Our Speech Pathologist works with children, adolescents and adults in the assessment and treatment of:
- Global Development Delays
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Paediatric Voice
- Paediatric Dysarthria
- Receptive and Expressive Language Delays
- Literacy and Reading Difficulties
- AAC (Alternative and Augmentative Communication)
- Articulation and Phonology Difficulties
- Phonological Awareness Difficulties
- Social Thinking Disorders
- Dysfluency (Stuttering)
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Attention and Organisation Difficulties
- Working Memory
- EAL (English as an Additional Language) Support
- Hearing Impairment Management
Fees and rebates:
- FEE SCHEDULE for NDIS clients following the current NDIA recommended rate for speech pathology services. Self-managed and plan managed NDIS participants accepted for the following fees.
• Initial assessment session $193.99
• Initial assessment session with report $193.99 x 2
• Follow up sessions – 60-minutes with notes sent via email- (if requested) $193.99
• Follow up assessments & report $193.99 x 2
• Follow up letters, resource development $ 193.99 per hour pro rata
- Medicare Rebates
• Under the Chronic Disease Management Medicare initiative, clients may be entitled to claim rebates for up to 5 speech therapy sessions per calendar year. The current rebate is $54.60 per individual session.
- Private Paying Clients
• $160 for 60 minutes or $80 for 30 minutes - inclusive of tailor made resources and follow up program materials.
Mother Circles are for mums or mums to be, to come and sit together, make connections with like-minded women who are on a conscious and aware parenting path. By gifting yourself the time to join this circle, you will be allowing yourself to be heard, practising vulnerability, and sharing your own motherhood journey. In this space no one is here to change, judge or fix anything for you. Turning up exactly as you are, is perfect.
Each circle will run with a similar structure:
- Welcome and acknowledgement of country
- Introducing yourself
- Gentle connection to body through guided meditation
- Open sharing
- Closing the circle
- Light refreshments provided
- A chance to connect with other mothers on a similar path to you
Some topics we may share on (but not limited to): mother power, partners, aware/conscious parenting, listening to feelings, listening to ourselves, tantrums, rage and anger, self-care, playing for connection, releasing feelings, baby sleep, toddler sleep, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment style parenting, setting loving limits.
When is the next circle?
- Sunday 15 May 10:00am-12:00pm
- The Perinatal Hub Surf Coast
- $25 for a seat in the circle
Book online to secure your place.Get In TouchBook Online